The pre-treatment for creating new value from fiber.
VistaPre-T pre-treatment creates new value from fiber
VistaPre-T extracts new value from home grown forage and other fibrous feeds currently unavailable through conventional methods of optimizing the ration. Increasing the amount of energy that can be derived from fiber has a number of notable advantages:
- Reduced cost by minimizing the use of concentrates for energy without sacrificing production.
- Reduced risk of acidosis – feeding fiber stabilizes rumen pH and leads to more balanced fermentation.
- Increased acetate production, which can have a benefit on milk fat and/or carcass quality.
How VistaPre-T works
When you apply VistaPre-T prior to feeding, it rapidly creates pitting and roughening of the fiber surface, allowing faster attachment and colonization of fiber degrading microbes in the rumen once the ration is ingested.
Improved feed efficiency
Pre-treatment of forage and other fibrous co-products with VistaPre-T has been shown to have a positive effect on feed efficiency for beef and dairy cattle.
Benefits for dairy cattle
Increasing the energy available from fiber in dairy can bring a number of key benefits:
- Heifer performance and fertility
- Improved body condition
- Reduced SARA events
Benefits for beef cattle
Increasing the energy available from fiber in beef can bring a number of key benefits:
- Increase in bodyweight and average daily gain
- Maintain performance during periods of dietary transition and stress
- By ensuring performance in the growing phase, animals finish more effectively, requiring fewer days on feed
VistaPre-T is easily diluted and added to your ration, and can be tested for stability and mixability in your liquid feed.
Manufactured by AB Vista
Established in 2004, AB Vista is one of the global feed industry’s largest suppliers of enzymes in animal nutrition, live yeast in animal feed and natural betaine.
Learn more about what VistaPre-T can do for you.
Hear about the research and potential return on investment. Watch what dairy farmer Keith Schaefer says VistaPre-T has done for his operation, Evergreen Acres Dairy.